Sweet & Zesty Blueberry Salsa
Fresh, locally grown blueberries are a highlight of the year!
Try this recipe for a different twist on a favorite snack. The blueberries provide the sweet while the jalapeņo pepper, bell pepper and cilantro provide the savory zest! Serve with toasted flour tortilla strips for an easy appetizer, side dish or afternoon snack!
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whole fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeņo peppers, seeded and minced
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup onion (if desired)
Toss together coarsely chopped fresh blueberries, whole fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, chopped fresh cilantro, seeded and minced jalapeņo peppers, diced red bell pepper, and kosher salt in a large bowl. Serve immediately, or cover and chill 8 hours.
Preparation time: 15 minutes